Taking Steps To Keep Our Community Safe
At the Sac Community Center, the health and safety of the communities we serve has always been our top priority. In light of the most recent recommendations from the Iowa Department of Public Health and other health officials designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 the following measures will be implemented.
- The Sac Community Center is open to all members. Members under 5th grade are required to have direct supervision by an adult or staff member.
- An enhance sanitation protocol involving frequent and thorough cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and equipment throughout the facility.
- Limitations on the capacity of the building and individual workout areas, and strict social distancing guidelines in place.
- Staff trained on enhanced sanitation protocols, social distancing and personal hygiene requirements; daily health screenings before reporting to work.
- Members are required to wear face coverings until they reach their workout station.
- Members should check their temperature before arriving at the Center.
- Members are required to wipe down equipment and weights after using them with wipes provided.
- Members should limit their workout to 60 minutes or less.
- no outside food or drink allowed with the exception of water.
- People over the age of 65 or those with underlying health conditions should exercise extreme caution when using the facility.
- Indoor playground unavailable (rental only)
- Limitations to certain amenities:
- Cardio equipment
- Weight machines
- Free weights
- In-person group fitness classes
- Racquetball courts
- Locker rooms
- DVD studio